Banana Bread Porridge. Scrumptious Bread Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success With Kraft®, Try Today! Pecans would also be a delicious addition (this is how Jamie Oliver makes banana bread). Add the almond milk, water, pinch of salt, coconut sugar, and ground cinnamon to the pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
In a smaller bowl, mash bananas with a potato masher or fork. COOK NOTE: To toast pecans, spread evenly in shallow baking pan. Or, spread nuts evenly on microwave-safe plate. You conclude stewing fry Banana Bread Porridge working 12 technique than 4 as well as. Here you are carry out.
process of Banana Bread Porridge
- It's of porridge oats.
- Prepare of milk/water.
- It's of Semi-skimmed or dairy free (Almond works well).
- It's of large banana: ½ mashed and ½ sliced (if want caramelised bananas).
- You need of maple syrup/honey.
- Prepare of cinnamon.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- You need of salt.
- It's of Small handful of chopped almonds.
- You need of To serve.
- Prepare of Small handful toasted flaked almonds.
- You need of Caramelized bananas.
The oatmeal makes it hearty and somewhat chewy, while the bananas and buttermilk make it sweet and moist - yet it is not as sweet or sticky-moist as some other banana breads I've had. This makes a smaller loaf than some recipes. Bananas add so much moisture to quick bread, as well as SO much flavour. This bread is moist and fluffy (dense, too!), and loaded with flavour from the bananas and spices.
Banana Bread Porridge ingredients
- Heat the oats, milk/water, mashed banana, chopped almonds, cinnamon and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium-low heat..
- Cook for 5 minutes until the oats are cooked and the texture is as desired (add more milk if you want it thinner)..
- Whilst the porridge is cooking, cook the caramelised bananas. In a non-stick frying pan, place the sliced bananas and cover with the maple syrup. Cook over a medium heat, flipping gently occasionally, until golden brown and soft..
- Pour into a bowl and serve with the toasted flaked almonds and a dash of honey/maple syrup if desired..
I've thrown in some oats to this recipe which gives this bread a chewiness that is just divine. Best banana bread, flavorful, moist, not too sweet, good texture. Modified added toasted walnuts on top. I do not have a food processor so I used by mixer until the oats looked liked wheat flour. You need a banana bread that tastes more like dessert than a bread.