Ras kadam. Bengali sweet dish Raskadam is especially prepared on festivals. Here saffron flavored rasgulla, layered with soft mawa is coated with roasted paneer and coconut. This is also known as khoya kadam and Kheerkadam.
Every Diwali we follow this tradition. I have learned from my mother in law. Ras kadam can be made in advance and relished as and when required. You work steaming nuke Ras kadam practicing 14 process along with 20 together with. Here you are gain.
technique of Ras kadam
- It's of home made mawa for outer covering.
- Prepare 1.5 litre of milk.
- You need 4 tsp of powered sugar.
- You need 2 pinch of cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of khuskhus seeds or poppy seeds.
- Prepare of home made kesar rasgullas for stuffing.
- You need 1.5 litre of milk to make chenna for rasgullas.
- You need of Lemon juice of one lemon.
- It's 4 tsp of water to make lemon water mixture.
- Prepare of for kesar sugar syrup.
- Prepare 2 cup of sugar.
- You need 6 cups of water.
- You need 1/4 tsp of kesar.
- It's 1 drop of orange food colour.
Ras kadam is also known as kheer kadam and it is very famous sweet dish recipe of Indian subcontinents, it consists of khoya layer which gives it a shape of a fruit known as kadam (Burflower), let's learn how to prepare Kheer kadam. Mere Rashk-e-qamar' A voice of million hearts now Remix by Junaid. Singer : Junaid Asghar Soul Of Qawwali Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Song Mere Rashke Qamar Artist Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Album Mere. Ras Kadam is a popular Bengali dessert.
Ras kadam receipt
- FOR HOME MADE MAWA : Pour milk in heavy bottom pan. Boil on slow flame with constant stirring.
- Reduce milk by boiling to thick consistency like that of a soft dough. Put off the flame. Cool..
- Add powdered sugar to soft dough of milk. Add cardamom powder. Mix well. Homemade sweet MAWA is ready.
- FOR RASGULLAS: Boil milk. Cool a little. Remove the malai layer..
- Add water to lemon juice to make lemon water mixture..
- Slowly pour lemon water mixture to milk with very slow stirring so as to make soft chenna for rasgullas..
- When milk curdles seive it through a muslin cloth to get chenna.
- Pour water on chenna in muslin cloth so as to remove the lemon juice from it..
- Drain all water from chenna by squeezing muslin cloth for few minutes. No water should be left in chenna..
- Take out chenna from muslin cloth on a big dish..
- With the help of palm rub chenna continuously till ghee starts separating out. Collect as a soft dough.
- Make small round balls of out dough. Keep aside and make kesar sugar syrup..
- In a pan pour sugar. Add water and boil. Add kesar and orange food colour. When syrup starts boiling add chenna balls to it..
- Keep boiling for 10 minutes. Rasgullas grow in size.
- Put off the flame. Let rasgullas cool down in the kesar sugar syrup for three hours..
- After three hours squeeze the rasgullas and keep on dish.
- Take home made sweet mawa. Divide mawa dough in small balls..
- Take a small sweet mawa ball. Flatten a little. Keep a rasgulla in centre of flattened sweet mawa dough. Roll up the sweet mawa dough from all sides so as to cover the rasgulla completely. This is a RAS KADAM BALL.
- Make all RAS KADAM BALLS with same procedure and roll on poppy seeds.
- Place RAS KADAM BALLS in a bowl and chill. Cut a few RAS KADAM BALLS from centre and serve.
This dish is a tasty and creamy twist to the traditional Rasgulla. Chef Ranveer Brar shares a detailed recipe for the delicious Ras Kadam. Red Bell Pepper and Pudina Moong Dal. Roasted Butternut Squash and Kalonji Paratha. Rosemary and Garlic roasted Purple Potatoes.