Pakki Mutton Biryani. Refer this recipe for ingredients Unique simple Instant Biryani Recipe of Mutton and now biryani for lunchbox is simple with this recipe RICE COOKER MUTTON. Mutton biryani recipe - Simple and quick lamb biryani recipes suitable for bachelors, new cooks and busy The first one is a hyderabadi pakki dum mutton biryani & second one is a kachi dum biryani. Straight from the land of Nizams, Mutton Biryani is a regal dish that does not need any special mention or patronage.
Biryani is a dish that nobody can ever resist. Be it a dinner party or any celebratory. One of the popular methods of preparing this biryani recipe is Pakki Dum. You create stewing panfry Pakki Mutton Biryani applying 32 instructions together with 15 steps. Here is how you do one proud.
procedure of Pakki Mutton Biryani
- You need 1 KG/2LBS (approx.) of Fresh Goat Meat – with Bone cut medium to big size piece.
- It's 2 tbsp of Ginger-Garlic Paste –.
- It's to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Turmeric – (use less turmeric as it will spoil the colour of your final biryani).
- You need 2 tsp of Red Chilli powder –.
- It's 2 of Lemon juice – Juice of 2 medium-sized lemon.
- Prepare 1 & 1/2 tsp of Cumin Powder–.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Biryani Masala – (I prefer Shaan).
- You need 1 & 1/2 tsp of Coriander Powder-.
- You need 5 of Yellow Onions large, sliced.
- It's 1 of Fried Onions – Fry large sized onion in home or we can buy the fried onions from store.
- You need 1 of Tomato medium.
- You need 1 &1/2 cup of Yogurt.
- You need as needed of Water – To cook rice and.
- It's as needed of Oil for cooking.
- You need 2 tbsp of Caraway seeds/Shahi jeera –.
- Prepare 1 & ½ flower of Star Anise –.
- Prepare 1& ½ inches of Cinnamon – stick.
- It's 2 of Black Cardamom –.
- You need 4-5 of Green Cardamom –.
- You need 4-5 of Bay leaves –.
- Prepare 2 of Mace – flowers.
- You need 10-12 pieces of Cloves.
- You need 10-12 pieces of Whole Pepper –.
- It's 6 to 7 of Green Chilies –chopped into 1 inches pieces.
- It's 1 bunch of Mint leaves –.
- Prepare 1 Bunch of Fresh Coriander or Cilantro-.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Warm Milk –.
- It's 1 big pinch of Saffron strands –.
- It's 3 tbsp of Pure Ghee –.
- Prepare 5 cups of Basmati, Long Grained Rice –.
- You need 2-3 Drops of Kevra Essence.
Mutton Biryani Recipe here in this post is a pakki yakhni style Hyderabadi biryani recipe made by cooked mutton and also cooking it by making layers of mutton and rice. Malabar Mutton Biriyani is a very tasty mutton preparation, tempting beyond words. The flavorful, aromatic mutton biriyani preparation can be easily prepared at home accompanied with raitha and. Mutton biryani brings the best of Indian spices and meat in terms of taste and nutrients.
Pakki Mutton Biryani instructions
- Wash the meat and let all the water drip off. The meat should be dry and clean before we being the cooking process Wash the rice well with gentle hands, soak in water, and keep aside Warm the milk, add the saffron strands to the milk, and let it soak in milk – we will need this at the end for layering Garam Masala – We usually use whole spices in Biryani but many people do not like the whole spices in their mouth while eating food and more so if you have kids at home..
- Take meat in a large bowl for marinating add the ginger garlic paste,lemon juice, salt, turmeric and red chilli powder, mix well and keep aside in refrigerator for 30-45 minutes Since Goat Meat is hard to cook We cook the meat in a pressure cooker and then cook for biryani. This will ensure a juicy and well-cooked meat in the final biryani. Heat 3-4 tablespoon of Oil in a pressure cooker, once the oil is hot add 3 to 4 whole red chilli, 3 to 4 bay leaves, add all of the sliced onion and saute..
- Once the onion is translucent add chopped tomatoes, 1/2 tsp of Salt and 1/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder Add marinated meat into the cooker, give it a good mix and close the lid of pressure cooker with weight and let it cook for 2 whistles on medium flame..
- Open the lid once the stem is settled and now we are ready for our next process to cooking meat further Heat a large pan add 1 tablespoon of oil in the pan Add the pressure cooked meat into the Pan Once the meat is cooked for about 5 minutes add the coriander powder and cumin powder Add 1 & ½ cup of yogurt to the meat and cook for 10-12 minutes on high flame until the yogurt is fully cooked and the water is dried up and your meat starts to separate the fast.
- At this point add 1/2 cup each of coriander and Mint leaves, 1 and 1/2 tbsp of biryani masala. Finally add 1/2 cup of fried onion, cook it for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Meat is ready and we need to start cooking the rice..
- Take plenty of water (2 & ½ times the rice) and keep it in an open and wide pan to boil. Add plenty of salt to the water (taste the water and it should taste salty). Along with it, add few bay leaves and caraway seed to the water for flavor and let the water come to a boil. Take a muslin bag to it add 1/2 tsp of Shahi jeera, 1/2 inch piece of Cinnamon, 1 Black cardamon, 2-3 Green cardamon and Mace Tie the mouth of the muslin bag and put it into the boiling water for rice..
- Once the water starts to boil add rice to the boiling water and gently mix it once so that the rice does not stick to bottom and the rice does not break Lower the flame to Medium-high and let the rice cook. Stir gently in between. The good trigger to know when rice is about to cook is when the rice grains will start floating on the top of the vessel and kind of swim with boiling water at that time take few grains of rice and they should feel hard and break easily..
- This is the time when we take out the rice in a strainer and remove the water completely.
- Now take an oven safe pan. Divide the meat and Rice you separately cooked earlier in 2 parts..
- Sprinkle some chopped coriander and mint, some biryani masala and a handful of fried onion Take one portion of the meat pieces with some masala and spread it evenly at the bottom as the first layer. Now take the one part of the rice and spread it evenly over the meat Take the remaining portion of the meat and gently spread over the layer of rice Now take the remaining part of the rice as spread gently and evenly over the meat completing the fourth layer..
- Make sure you have some (around 2 inches of space left in the container. We need this for rice to swell further and the air to circulate inside when we put this on dum. Sprinkle some more chopped coriander and mint, some biryani masala and a handful of fried onion on the fourth layer Take the warm milk with saffron and pour it evenly over the rice Take the ghee (melt it if solid) and pour evenly around the walls of the container..
- Add few drops of Kewra essence over top and biryani is ready for dum..
- Cover the container with Aluminum foil, place the lid tightly over it, and make sure even the sides of the aluminum foil are tightly tucked over the surface Preheat an oven at 190C/475F for 5 minutes Put the container in the oven and leave it at 180C/450F for 30-35 minutes After 30 minutes take the container out of oven, be very careful, as it will be very hot (exercise caution while removing the foil as the steam will escape and can burn).
- For plating take out the biryani by inserting a spatula vertically till the bottom and scoop out. Yammy delicious biryani is ready serve with Raita..
A typical serving of biryani will include anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibiotic benefits which can help. Indian Mutton Biryani is a tasty and delicious biryani that you just can't go wrong with. Pretty much like the chicken biryani, this indian mutton biryani recipe is made with same method. Recipe for Mutton Biryani made Dindigul Thalapakatti style. Here is the recipe for mutton biryani recipe preparation.