mince beef onion pie. This recipe is authentic and the best minced beef and onion pie on you tube. Also known as savory mince pies (or savoury mince pies if you're in the UK), different from the popular sweet mince pies that are served at The pastry will stay flaky and light and will be as if you had just made it. How to Freeze Minced Beef and Onion Pies.
Part of the popular Fray Bentos range of tinned pies, this Fray Bentos Mince Beef and Onion Pie contains minced beef and diced onion, covered in delicious meaty gravy and topped off with Fray Bentos' famous puff pastry. Minced Beef, chopped onions and rich gravy, in a light puff pastry case. Our Minced Beef & Onion pie is popular all over the UK, and it's no wonder. You do ones thing browning poach mince beef onion pie proving 11 program together with 9 moreover. Here you go sew up.
technique of mince beef onion pie
- You need 250 grams of mince beef.
- You need 1 large of onion.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- It's 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- It's 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of beef stock.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of lots of pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 of ready rolled puff pastery.
- You need 1 of egg (for an egg wash).
With its meaty minced beef, chopped onions and rich gravy, all wrapped up in a light puff pastry case, this traditional pie gets the simple things bob on. Minced beef and onion in gravy topped with puff pastry. Tinned Meat, Pies & Savoury Spreads. My grandmother and mother always make onion pie during the holidays, but it's good anytime.
mince beef onion pie ingredients
- dice onion and gently fry in oil for 2 minute.
- add the mince beef cook whilst sturring for 3-4 minutes.
- add tomato purre cook for 1 minute.
- add flour mixing well whilst addin beef stock.
- then add teaspoon of salt 2teaspons of pepper.
- and simmer till slightly thickend about 2-3 minutes if to thick add little more stock.
- remove from heat and add to a sutible oven froof dish.
- then top the dish with ready rolled puff pastery pressed in around sides of dish and a slight hole in the middle to release the trapped steam then add a little egg wash to pastery for a golden finish.
- and cook in a pre-heated oven for 25 minutes at 170°F.
This is a savory side dish that you can serve with almost any meat or main course. Place the mix into your pie dish and the filling next, place on the pastry and crimp. Put mince and onion mixture in tin and cover with pastry lid- thumb round the edges to seal and cut a small slit in centre of pastry lid- brush pastry with the milk. Cook beef and onion until meat is browned. Saute onion and garlic in meat drippings..