Pasta and meatballs. Serve pasta with a healthy scoop of meatballs and sauce. Big, tasty beef meatballs are simmered in an easy Italian tomato sauce in this easy recipe. Spaghetti and Meatballs in homemade marinara sauce.
A wicked meatball recipe from Jamie Oliver. This is a real family favourite: pork and beef meatballs in a rich tomato sauce with super spaghetti - the perfect partnership! Spaghetti and meatballs or spaghetti with meatballs is an Italian-American dish consisting of spaghetti, tomato sauce and meatballs. You undertake brewing brew Pasta and meatballs testing 19 ingredients furthermore 14 including. Here you are get someplace.
instructions of Pasta and meatballs
- It's of meatball.
- Prepare 1 large of onion finely chop 1/3 and roughly chop the other 2/3 and set aside for sauce.
- You need 500 grams of ground beef or whatever meat you're using.
- It's 1 slice of white bread made into breadcrumbs in a food processor or use a crust of bread and grate it.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- It's 1 tbsp of herb or spice of choice, I used basil and oregano. your spices/herbs should total 1 tblsp, be careful and use less if you're using chilli powder - 1 tsp is enough.
- It's of basic tomato sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2/3 of onion roughly chopped (saved from making meatballs).
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic finely chopped or pressed.
- You need 400 grams of chopped canned tomatoes in juice or use fresh tomatoes chopped sprinkled with the salt and sugar and left to sit and ooze their juices for about half an hour (skins will come off during cooking so if you don't want them you can skim them off at that point.
- You need 2 cup of water to add during cooking to keep the sauce loose and ensure it does not burn, it will evaporate during the cooking process.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 2 tsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of basil & oregano or a herb/spice to complement those you have used in the meatball.
- Prepare 1 cup of red wine (optional) i used Chianti to keep this dish Italian.
Watch how to make delicious homemade Italian tomato sauce with meatballs to top spaghetti or your other favorite pasta. It's an easy recipe that's seasoned just right. Creamy Meatballs and pasta is like pasta with meatballs for grown ups! I made meatballs from scratch and flavored them with Dijon mustard!
Pasta and meatballs ingredients
- Heat oven to 200º.
- Put all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly. I'm making a tomato sauce so any herb or spice can be used. You can also change the meat - try pork mince with a touch of cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of apple sauce or lamb mince with 1 tablespoon of ketchup and 1 tablespoon mint jelly..
- With wet hands to stop the meat sticking, form 16 balls, the size of a golf ball.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and evenly space the meatballs. As they cook the fat will run off the paper to the tray underneath and the balls will not sit in fat.
- Put tray in centre of oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Now to make the tomato sauce.
- Put the oil into a saute pan and warm through, add the onions and gently fry until they become transparent.
- Add the garlic and stir it in for about a minute - You want to allow the oils to come out of the garlic and flavour the dish, but you do NOT want it to burn.
- Now add the tomatoes and bring it up to a fast simmer over a low heat - stir regularly and add water in to stop the sauce thickening too much and also to stop it from burning.
- Add all of the seasonings - salt, pepper, sugar, herbs/spices and stir in. Allow the sauce a few minutes to simmer then add the wine if you're using it, otherwise keep simmering and adding the water for another 10 minutes.
- At this point you have a basic tomato sauce, I'm going to blend mine into a puree, but you can leave it chunky and add in thick cut vegetables during the simmering time such as courgette and red pepper. Or if you like just a nice rustic sauce to serve with your pasta then whilst cooking the onion add chunks of chorizo and lardons (chunks of bacon) then vegetables at the simmering stage.
- Choose your pasta - I prefer spaghetti but the children like fusilli - you can use any pasta of your choice.
- Drain your cooked pasta and either pour in the sauce and set it over a low heat to allow the pasta to absorb the liquids from the sauce and add the meatballs whilst stirring gently to ensure there is no sticking or pile up your pasta, arrange your meatballs and pour over the sauce.
- It's even better with a little fresh grated parmesan cheese either on the top of the dish or stirred into the plain pasta before serving.
I used Pappardelle for meatballs and pasta here. Run bread under cold running water until completely soaked. Carbohydrate avoidance be damned: pasta with meatballs is the perfect culinary counter to the cruel world. Just looking at a slippery, tomato-sauced tangle of spaghetti topped with juicy toothsome. Spaghetti and meatballs is such a comfort food classic!