Nasi Lemak (coconut milk rice, chicken gravy and fried chicken). A truly remarkable Nasi Lemak (Coconut Milk Rice) is not to be taken lightly. It constitutes of good quality rice cooked in rich and creamy coconut milk with screw pine leaves infused during the cooking process. This is key to create the best flavours and texture in the nasi lemak rice.
Best if served on bananas leaves (which can be found in the frozen section of most Asian markets). One of the malaysian famous food.rice rich with coconut taste and spicy sambal with crunchy Fried chicken and also boiled egg with nuts. This is a Malaysian signature meal, nasi lemak with all its trimmings. You doing frying percolate Nasi Lemak (coconut milk rice, chicken gravy and fried chicken) practicing 27 instructions and 12 furthermore. Here is how you take care of.
technique of Nasi Lemak (coconut milk rice, chicken gravy and fried chicken)
- Prepare of Coconut milk rice.
- Prepare of Basmathi/White rice.
- You need of Coconut milk.
- It's of Pandan.
- Prepare of Ginger.
- It's of Salt.
- It's of Chicken gravy (Sambal).
- Prepare of Chicken.
- Prepare of Turmeric powder.
- You need of Dried chili.
- You need of Garlic.
- It's of Ginger.
- Prepare of Onion.
- It's of Tomato.
- You need of Sugar.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Oil (for frying).
- You need of Fried Chicken.
- It's of Garlic & Ginger paste.
- It's of Turmeric powder.
- You need of Chili powder.
- You need of Corriender powder.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Oil (for frying).
- You need of Garnish.
- Prepare of Anchovy.
- It's of Cucumber.
Nasi lemak is rice cooked with coconut milk, served with spicy anchovies sambal (or sambal of your choice), spiced fried chicken, hard boiled eggs, slices of cucumber and peanuts. Here are the Ingredients for the Nasi Lemak with Spiced Chicken recipe. Nasi Lemak or Coconut Milk Rice is a popular dish in Southeast Asia especially in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and Singapore. In Malaysia, where it is known as the national dish, it is usually.
Nasi Lemak (coconut milk rice, chicken gravy and fried chicken) in succession
- Add coconut milk,sliced ginger,pandan leaf and salt to rice. Mix well. Let it cook in electric cooker.
- Mix cooked rice slowly.
- Blend garlic,ginger and dried chili into smooth paste.
- Mix turmeric and salt with chicken pieces. Deep Fry.
- Keep aside fried chicken pieces.
- Stir fry onion and tomato, add blended chili paste.
- Let the gravy cook until oil breaks. Add fried chicken pieces. Stir and mix. Let it cook until gravy thickens.
- For fried chicken mix all ingredients and deep fry.
- Boil eggs.
- Slice cucumber into thin slices.
- Fry anchovies.
- Serve all cooked dishes in one plate as a set of meal.
The more elaborate nasi lemak will contain whatever the cook desires: fried/boiled egg, any form of sambal, peanuts, fried chicken, beef rendang, pachri nenas, or any other Malay or Nyonya side dishes. Looking at the images here, you can get an idea of how to serve Nasi Lemak. The rice is fairly rich, and it's coconut flavoured. I got the Nasi Lemak, which is curry chicken and coconut rice. Kinda pricy for just one plate of food.