Street Food Thai Chicken Skewers.
You wrap up broiling escallop Street Food Thai Chicken Skewers practicing 10 process so 11 so. Here you are reach.
program of Street Food Thai Chicken Skewers
- You need 6-8 of Chicken Thighs.
- It's 2 Teaspoons of Thai Spice (see pic).
- You need 2 Teaspoons of Chinese 5 Spice.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of Lemongrass purée.
- It's 1 Teaspoon of Smoked Paprika.
- You need 2 Teaspoons of Soy Sauce.
- It's 2 Teaspoons of Sweet Chilli Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Dessert spoon of sugar.
- It's of Salt & Pepper to season.
- You need 2 Teaspoons of Red or yellow food colouring (optional).
Street Food Thai Chicken Skewers compound
- Skin the chicken thighs and trim any excess fat.
- The thighs contain a single bone, using a sharp knife remove the bone taking care not to leave to much meat behind..
- Dice the boneless thighs into similar sized cubes to ensure they all cook at the same rate..
- I am making 2 styles today, so I’ve divided the chicken into 2 separate bags. I use bags because it’s easier to massage in the marinade plus it keeps all the aroma in..
- The first bag I’ve added, Chinese 5 Spice, sugar, red food colouring, Soy Sauce, Smoked Paprika, Salt & Pepper..
- The next bag has Thai Spice, Lemongrass, sugar, yellow food colouring, Salt & Pepper.
- Massage the marinade into the meat thoroughly with both and refrigerate for around 2 hours, massaging the mix every 30 minutes to really get the flavours into the meat..
- I’m using traditional bamboo skewers but you can create party canapés by using cocktail sticks. Fill the skewers with the chicken leaving space to hold one end for turning when cooking and of course eating..
- Preheat a pan to medium heat, I do not use oil as I have a nonstick pan. Lay the skewers in the pan and place a lid on top, this helps the cooking process with the steam created. Turn the kebabs every couple of minutes to get all over even cooking..
- In all the kebabs will take 10 minutes to cook. Test one cube by removing it and cut it in half to ensure it’s cooked thoroughly.
- That’s it, you are ready to serve, eaten as a snack or with rice, you can use Sweet Chilli Sauce or Plum Sauce is nice. Enjoy !.